Tuesday, August 14, 2007

America's Favorite Playground

My favorite event that takes place in Atlantic City is the Greek festival. I love the Greek festival because it sells every type of food like Jamaican food, Spanish food, seafood, Soul food and more. It brings different types of enthic backgrounds together and it also brings fun and rides for the little kids. The rides consist of merry-go-round, little ferris wheels, and riding horses. There is plenty of face painting and singing going on. I wait every summer for it to come around so I can enjoy different types of food and music. This Greek festival is different from other festivals because it has all races together and you can enjoy different types of music and meet new people. It also has people performing on stages from different types of background dancing and having a good time. The Greek festival has been around for a long time, since I was a little boy in pull-ups. My grandma used to tell me about her old stories and how she always brought old paintings and different types of statues. That was the old days. I haven't attended the Greek festival in seven years since my grandma passed, but hopefully when I have kids I can take them to it like my grandma used to do me.

--Lawrence Owens

No comments: